Final updated 14 May 2019 – see all updates
- 1. Principal facts and numbers
- 2. By ethnicity
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Information sources
- 5. Down load the info
1. Principal facts and numbers
- In line with the 2011 Census, ladies and girls made 51% associated with the populace of England and Wales, and guys and men composed 49%
- Most cultural teams had approximately the male that is same female populations
- There clearly was a bigger feminine than male population when you look at the Chinese, Black Caribbean as well as other White ethnic groups, where ladies and girls made 53% for the particular populations
- There clearly was a bigger male than feminine populace when you look at the Arab ethnic team, where males and men comprised 58% associated with populace, and among those who defined as every other ethnicity (54% males and men)
The Census is planned and performed because of the workplace for National Statistics (ONS) any ten years in England and Wales. The final Census occured in March 2011.
The Census could be the survey that is only offer reveal image of the entire populace of England and Wales. It creates it feasible to compare some other part of the united states as all households are asked exactly the same concerns inside the time period that is same.
When it comes to 2011 Census, around 25 million pre-addressed questionnaires were published off to all or any households utilizing a specially developed address register that is national. Households could return their questionnaire by post or complete it on the web. Census workers delivered questionnaires by hand to people located in domestic care domiciles, hospitals, hostels, boarding schools, college halls of residence, mobile home areas, armed forces bases along with other public establishments.
94% of households finished the 2011 Census. Of these, 97% responded the question about ethnicity.
This data stops working the people of England and Wales by ethnicity and intercourse. The split between women/girls and men/boys is shown for every cultural team.
The Census is held in England and Wales every a decade to get information on everybody staying in the united states on a certain date.
The census offers the source that is only of comparable data both for tiny areas and minority populace teams across England and Wales.
The data the Census provides permits central and town, wellness authorities and lots of other organisations to prepare housing, training, health insurance and transportation solutions for decades in the future.
The Census works on the standard pair of cultural teams to get and classify ethnicity information.
The 2011 Census utilized 18 standardised categories that are ethnic
Asian / Asian British:
- Any other background that is asian
Ebony / African / Caribbean / Ebony British:
- Any kind of Ebony / african Caribbean that is/ back ground
Mixed / Multiple ethnic teams:
- Mixed White and Ebony Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Some other Mixed / Multiple cultural history, please describe
- English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Other White background, please describe
Other group that is ethnic
- Some other cultural team
2. By ethnicity
|per cent||per cent|
|Mixed White/Black African||50||50|
|blended White/Black Caribbean||50||50|
|just about any||54||46|